- 18A total: 15A battery charger, 3A battery saver
- Parasitic Load Compensation allows for user input of total accessory load amps on the vehicle. This allows the charger to shift the absorption stage set point so the battery voltage drops to the float voltage when desired current is reached
- Pump output with AC or DC mode dip switch
- Microprocessor controlled, completely automatic operation regulates output to a single battery bank
- Electronic remote sensing of true battery voltage, eliminates the need for sense wires
- Built-in Battery Saver Output
- Accommodates Lead-Acid, Gelled Electrolyte, AGM and Odyssey battery types
- Configurable for 3-Step or Float Charging
- 3 hour safety timer while in 3-Step mode
- Bar Graph Display Included
- Patent Pending
- Compatible with Super Auto Eject with Deluxe Cover 091-55-234-XXX (Bar Graph) or 091-55-194B-XXX (Digital Display)
The Pump Plus 1000 with Parasitic Load Compensation (PLC) is a compact, microprocessor controlled, completely automatic, single channel battery charger designed for vehicles with a single battery system. The PLC charger is designed to withstand the shock and vibration encountered by vehicle mounted equipment.
This new Parasitic Load Compensation feature is designed especially to meet the heavy duty requirements of emergency vehicles. Most emergency vehicles have many parasitic loads on their systems (flash lights, gas detectors, computers, monitoring systems and other items) that can trick a standard 3step charger into over charging the batteries. Parasitic load compensation allows you to input the total number of parasitic load amps on the vehicle. Then
the charger will shift the absorption stage set point so the battery voltage will drop to the float voltage when the desired current is reached. In short the parasitic loads are invisible to the charger. This will lead to a longer battery life and no overcharging or overheating.
The Battery Saver contained in the Pump Plus 1000 PLC charger is a 3 Amp power supply with a relay to remove the accessory loads from the battery and connect them to the power supply when the charger is energized with A.C. power. This permits the charger to recharge the batteries without supplying the accessory load.
A Dip Switch is provided on the charger to operate an Auto Pump 12V either as a D.C. compressor or as an A.C. compressor. In either switch position the compressor operates from the vehicle’s battery. When “D.C.” is selected, the compressor operates whenever the pressure switch senses low system pressure. This is useful when parking the vehicle away from the 120 volt input power. For those operators who wish to limit compressor operation to the times when the shoreline is connected to the vehicle, the Dip Switch should be placed in the “A.C.” position. This will operate the compressor when the A.C. power is available, but shuts off the compressor when the shoreline is removed.
|Charger, Output Amperage||15|
|Battery Saver||3 Amp|
|Chargers With Parasitic Load Compensation||Yes|
|Charger With Remote Display Included||Yes|
|Input Fuse||6 Amps, Fast Blow|
|Input||120 Vac, 60 Hz, 3.5 Amps Max|
|Output Fuse||30 Amps (Part Number: 090-0040-0)|
|Charge Indicator Options||Remote Bar Graph Display, Deluxe Status Center, Or Watertight Status Center|
|Battery Type Selection Switches||Lead-Acid, Gelled Electrolyte (Gel Cell), AGM Or Odyssey|
|Remote PLC Sensing||Electronic, Sense Lines Not Required|
|Power LED Status Indicator||Green LED, Indicates 120 Volt AC Power Applied|
|System LED Status Indicator||Yellow LED, See Instruction Manual For Details|
|Torque||DC Output Connector 15 In/Lbs|
|Output Power||Battery: 12 Vdc, 15 Amps (18 Amps If Battery Saver Is Turned Off)|
|Output Power – Battery Saver||13 Vdc, 3 Amps|