CHEMGUARD C306-MS-C 3% AFFF (Aqueous Film-Forming Foam) Concentrate combines fluoro- and hydrocarbonsurfactant technologies to provide superior fire and vapor suppression for Class B hydrocarbon fuel fires. This synthetic foam concentrate is intended for firefighting applications at 3% solution in fresh, salt, or hard water.
CHEMGUARD C306-MS-C foam solution utilizes three suppression mechanisms for rapid fire knockdown and enhanced burnback resistance:
- The foam blanket blocks oxygen supply to the fuel.
- Liquid drains from the foam blanket and forms an aqueous film that suppresses fuel vapor and seals the fuel surface.
- The water content of the foam solution produces a cooling effect for additional fire suppression.
|TYPICAL PHYSIOCHEMICAL PROPERTIES AT 77 °F (25 °C)|
|Appearance||Pale yellow liquid|
|Density||1.02 ± 0.02 g/ml|
|pH||7.0 – 8.5|
|Refractive Index||1.3655 ± 0.0020|
|Viscosity||3.25 ± 1.0 cSt*|
|Spreading Coefficient||3 dynes/cm minimum at 3% dilution|
|Pour Point||27 °F (-3 °C)|
|Freeze Point||27 °F (-3 °C)|
*Cannon-Fenske viscometer at 25 °C
CHEMGUARD C306-MS-C 3% AFFF Concentrate is intended for use on Class B hydrocarbon fuel fires with low water solubility such as crude oils, gasolines, diesel fuels, and aviation fuels. It is not suitable for use on polar fuels with appreciable water solubility, such as methyl and ethyl alcohol, acetone, and methyl ethyl ketone. It may also be used in conjunction with dry chemical agents to provide even greater fire suppression performance.
CHEMGUARD C306-MS-C Concentrate can be ideal for fixed and emergency response firefighting systems designed to protect naval and aviation assets. Typical applications include:
- Military and civilian aircraft facilities
- Crash fire rescue (per US DOT FAA AC No. 150/5210-6D)
- On-board marine/naval fire suppression systems
- Storage tanks
- Docks/marine tankers
There are no contributions yet.