CHEMGUARD C137 1×3 AR-AFFF (Alcohol Resistant Aqueous Film-Forming Foam) Concentrate combines fluoro- and hydrocarbon-surfactant technologies to provide superior fire and vapor suppression for Class B, polar solvent and hydrocarbon fuel fires. This synthetic foam concentrate is intended for forceful or gentle firefighting applications at 1% solution on hydrocarbon fuels and gentle firefighting applications at 3% solution on polar solvent fuels in fresh, salt, or hard water.
CHEMGUARD C137 foam solution utilizes three suppression mechanisms intended for rapid fire knockdown and superior burnback resistance:
- The foam blanket blocks oxygen supply to the fuel.
- Liquid drains from the foam blanket and forms either:
- An aqueous film on a hydrocarbon fire, or
- A polymeric membrane on a polar solvent fire which suppresses the vapor and seals the fuel surface.
- The water content of the foam solution produces a cooling effect for additional fire suppression.
|TYPICAL PHYSIOCHEMICAL PROPERTIES AT 77 °F (25 °C)|
|Appearance||Viscous yellow liquid|
|Density||1.04 ± 0.02 g/ml|
|pH||7.0 – 8.5|
|Refractive Index||1.3620 minimum|
|Viscosity*||1200 ± 300 cPs|
|Spreading Coefficient||3 dynes/cm minimum at 1% dilution|
|Pour Point||25 °F (-4 °C)|
|Freeze Point||23 °F (-5 °C)|
|*Brookfield Viscometer Spindle #4, speed 60 rpm|
CHEMGUARD C137 Concentrate is a non-Newtonian fluid that is both pseudoplastic and thixotropic; therefore, dynamic viscosity will decrease as shear increases.
The CHEMGUARD C137 1×3 AR-AFFF Concentrate formulation contains short-chain, C6 fluorochemicals manufactured using a telomer-based process that produces no PFOS.
Approvals, Listings, and Standards
CHEMGUARD C137 1×3 AR-AFFF Concentrate is designed in accordance with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 11 for Low-, Medium-, and High-Expansion Foam. The concentrate is approved, listed, qualified under, or meets the requirements of the following specifications and standards:
- UL Standard 162, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- ULC S564, Category 2 Foam Liquid Concentrates
- EN 1568: 2008
- Parts 1, 3, 4
CHEMGUARD C137 1×3 AR-AFFF Concentrate is intended for use on both types of Class B fires: hydrocarbon fuels with low water solubility, such as crude oils, gasolines, diesel fuels, and aviation fuels; and polar solvent fuels with appreciable water solubility, such as methyl and ethyl alcohol, acetone, and methyl ethyl ketone. It may also be used in conjunction with dry chemical agents to provide even greater fire suppression performance.
CHEMGUARD C137 Concentrate can be ideal for semi-fixed, and emergency response firefighting applications such as:
- Fuel or chemical storage tanks
- Industrial chemical and petroleum processing facilities
- Truck/rail loading and unloading facilities
- Flammable liquid containment areas
- Mobile equipment
There are no contributions yet.